- iPad2 is slimmer by 33% measuring 8.8 mm in thickness compared to 13.4 of iPad1
- iPad2 supports gyroscope which was non-existent in iPad1. Gamers rejoice!
- iPad2 has a front and rear camera which again was non-existent in iPad1. With the introduction of cameras, Apple has now included FaceTime for Video Conferencing in Ipad2
- Apple claims that iPad2’s CPU is twice as fast as iPad1 and graphics 9 times faster compared to iPad1.
- iPad2 has a HDMI video port which was not available in iPad1.
- iPad lost its weight by 0.2 pound. iPad2 is 1.3 pounds compared to 1.5 pounds of iPad1
Pricing remains the same with 16 GB WiFi version costing $499 and 16GB WiFi + 3G version priced at $629.
On top of this, Apple has created ‘Smart Covers’ to cover the front of iPad2. For those having blackberry cover can identify with these smart covers. Your device will go in sleep mode while inside and will wake up as soon as it comes out. Like blackberry covers, smart covers too use magnets to hold on to the device. This is an accessory which would cost $39 for poly cases and $69 for leather cases.
iPad2 will be launched on March 11, 2011 in US while will be launched on March 25, 2011 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany , Greece, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Hungary, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and UK. There was no mention for India (like all other devices from Apple earlier, people from India should expect a one year delay to get hands-on iPad2)