Well, as of now there is NO way you can rename a bucket in Amazon S3 but here is an extremely easy workaround to do that (moving all files from one bucket to another) –
- Download S3Browser (free) or any other Amazon S3 client that supports copying files.
- Configure your client by entering Amazon Access keys.
- Create a new bucket (with desired name. Make sure it is in the same zone as your earlier bucket. By default Amazon S3 creates bucket in US standard region.)
- Go to the bucket from which you wish to copy files/folders and select and copy the required files/folders.
- Go to the bucket you created in Step3. Right click and paste. You’re done.
Since data movement happens at server level there is minimal movement-time involved. We were able to copy around 1 GB of data in less than 1 min.
If you like this article and looking for similar smarter way to work, join me on my new Facebook Group where we discuss Entrepreneurship, Automation and latest apps!
Free eBook: Important WordPress Plugins
An exhaustive list of all free, premium WordPress plugins we use across network of our wordpress sites.